- A TPM (v1.2 or above) The BIOS feature is often called something like “embedded security device”
- Hardware Virtualization extensions
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
- Hardware Support for DMA Isolation
- Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
- 2nd-level page tables Typically turned on implicitly along with Virtualization extensions, if the processor supports it.
- Intel Extended Page Tables (EPT)
- Dynamic root of trust
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT).
When purchasing a new machine, do not take it for granted that any newer Intel will have the necessary capabilities. Check Intel processor capabilities at: http://ark.intel.com/